🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

"Behaviour already registered" - troubles after upgrading

Started by
1 comment, last by TechRogue 11 years, 4 months ago

I just upgraded to the latest release after skipping one or two releases -- back from when we were still using FuncIDs. I've got my code compiling, but it doesn't run any more; behavior checks for all of my classes are asserting.

Here's the output from my check functions (they check the return value and print messages copied from the AS documentation):

-- Error (line 0, column 0) : Failed in call to function 'RegisterObjectBehaviour' with 'Component' and 'Component@ f()' (Code: -13)
Failed registering behavior with type 'Component: The behaviour is already registered with the same signature
Assertion failed: r >= 0, file C:\Users\Jake\Documents\CodeBlocks\indigo\IndigoSDK\indigo\/scripting/asIClassBinder.h, line 151

I can post more info if necessary; I was just wondering if this was a known problem. I haven't changed anything in the binding process since upgrading.

Advertisement
This is a validation that was added recently. It is not a problem in AngelScript, unless you really aren't registering the same behaviour multiple times with the same signature like error says.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Perfect, thanks! I didn't want to ignore that warning in case it meant something was wrong. smile.png

Edit:

It turned out that there was an issue with my binding class when registering casting behavior, as I was still getting invalid application errors after taking the check out for that error code. It was in fact registering multiple times with the same signature. Everything's working again. Thanks for your help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement