🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

'uhhhuh' I'm listening

Started by
1 comment, last by ActiveUnique 10 years, 7 months ago

ribbit

The setting is a lush green meadow surrounded by a forest with a single pond at its heart. The pond has branches and lily pads, and various vegetation with some other life that feeds from it.

In the pond a very small frog, his is named Spud, he sleeps in a cage of dry grass. The dry grass is its bed and comfort, and we know he'll be there a long time. A lizard is always nearby to put him back in the cage.

Each morning when the frog is hungry the lizard, let's call her Liz, brings him a fly and then she leaves. Inside the cage the frog can relax and eat what is provided by nature for a very long time, although this is far too simple.

After midday the lizard returns and sits directly in sight of Spud on a floating branch. Spud looks at Liz with one eye, this is something to be accustom to. When the lizard looks up, seeing one shiny eye makes her happy, and she opens up the cage of dry grass with a deft claw poke.

The frog hops out and explores the mysterious pond like it is entirely unknown each day.

Sometimes he knocks over a lily pad while surfacing and Liz appears out of nowhere just to barely touch his nose. Occasionally he gets his tongue stuck to a reed, and Liz gives him a gentle nudge away from it so he is unstuck. Everything that is done in this pond comes as a complete mystery, but there is some unknown reason behind it all.

More confusing than ever to Spud, is whenever he hops on a floating branch in the water like Liz, Spud is immediately picked up and carried back to his cage. The cage is closed and without explanation, for how could there be one? This is so disorienting he doesn't struggle and sometimes loses the rest of the day.

Spud waits for Liz to come back so he may look at her again, for it is his one true joy to be in the company of the lizard who takes care of him, and he will care for her.

I've read about the idea guy. It's a serious misnomer. You really want to avoid the lazy team.

Advertisement

what did I just read? :) nice writing !

what did I just read? smile.png nice writing !

Thanks. This introduction is a parody based on no longer than three minutes of a game, from the frog's 3rd person point of view. This is intended to recreate the impression a player will arrive at within a few seconds, before they understand the rules or if there is any goal.

I've read about the idea guy. It's a serious misnomer. You really want to avoid the lazy team.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement