🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

DirectX question

Started by
-1 comments, last by ggs 24 years, 5 months ago
Hi. I'm using Delphi5. First question. On the closure of an app using directX, does DirectX free its self? Or does the app have to do it? If so then the second question applies. I have , I think, an unique directX question. Is there any way of getting the GUID of the current video driver to use with DirectDrawCreate. The reason is when I call DirectDrawCreate twice I need some was for DIRECTX NOT ME to conferm that a Direct draw object using the current display driver exist. The reason i'm doing this is I suspect when this code snippit 'ddraw_ptr := nil' is run, it frees the object it points to. But I need some way of testing this. I know I can just look at the % of resources consumed and then loop through this code snippit var ddraw_ptr: IDirectDraw; ... ddraw_ptr := DirectDrawCreate(nil,ddraw_ptr,nil); ddraw_ptr := nil; I want a more elegent way of testing AND not having to restarting the computer all the time. Edited by - ggs on 1/15/00 7:26:14 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement