🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[PATCH] conditionally add move cctor and assignment operator to asCString

Started by
2 comments, last by WitchLord 10 years, 4 months ago

Tested on linux under gcc 4.8.2.

The definition of AS_CAN_USE_CPP11 is now in multiple places (though I took it from one of the add-ons). Perhaps it should go in as_config.h?

I was going to also add checking for Clang, but perhaps that can be left for the future.

Advertisement

Thanks.

Did you notice any significant performance improvement when adding these?

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Did you notice any significant performance improvement when adding these?

Timing the execution of ListFunctions() in the console example, I get 0.000051sec before and 0.000040sec after, which is a ~20% improvement. (I know that that function triggers a handful of operations involving the new functions which take &&)

I plan to time some of my own larger scripts, but won't be able to do that until tomorrow.

I've incorporated this patch in revision 1843.

I didn't notice any significant performance changes though, neither when building scripts nor when running them.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement