🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Character Ideas For My New Game

Started by
3 comments, last by Tom Sloper 9 years, 8 months ago

Hi!

I am developing an Android and IOS game that has gotten some influences from Timberman.

The game is going to have some different characters.

What character would you like to see in the game?

So, think outside the box,and if you have any ideas - I'm waiting eagerly to hear them.

Thanks,

-Daniel

Advertisement

When you say "influences from Timberman" how do you mean it? Gameplay? Style? Themes? Whatever the case, you should carefully design a character that is going to be clearly identifiable and wholly consistent with the theme for the video game. If you tell people more about what your game is about and what the setting / thematic design is, people will better be able to suggest character ideas.

willnationsdev - Godot Engine Contributor

I'd too like to know the answers facehead1992 asked.

However, I'd like to note, that while your game might be inspired by Timberman, it's important to create an original game as well that has something that makes it stand out from other IOS games. The mobile industry is tough with so many indies turning to that platform, so try to make yours have that extra "umph" that makes it stand out from the ocean of others.

I haven't played Timberman, but if there's any room for a magic character, that'd be cool to see!

Or, you know, a talking bear character.

When you say "influences from Timberman" how do you mean it? Gameplay? Style? Themes? Whatever the case, you should carefully design a character that is going to be clearly identifiable and wholly consistent with the theme for the video game. If you tell people more about what your game is about and what the setting / thematic design is, people will better be able to suggest character ideas.

The gameplay is a little similar (don't want to talk about it too much. I am a little paranoid smile.png And the setting is in a city. In the middle of the map there is a tower/Skyscraper. The graphics are pixel art.

Character Ideas For My New Game

This is not a game design question. Moving this to Writing.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement