🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

2D Sanbox graphics (like terraria)

Started by
2 comments, last by riuthamus 9 years, 7 months ago

Hello there, I am working on some graphics for a 2D sandbox game similiar to Terraria. Heres some previews:

greenforrrest_zps7a67443d.png

mountianbg2_zps5f9c3861.png

I was wondering if there are any Java programmers here who have worked with the Epic Inventor source code?

This project is still in very early stages of development and will undergo many visual changes.

Advertisement

First I really like the pics, with one exception: The obvious tiling... I would work on making it less obvious. It is extremly noticable in the earth area.

Then, asking questions about programming would be better suited to the programming forums on this page. For example the beginners section. You sure would get more responses on this question there.

Thanks for the response, the titling has been fixed just have not updated the pictures.

My first complaint is the backgrounds vs the foreground detail. Furthermore, the background has higher contrast and darker tones (not really normal for such things) so that might be something you want to fix.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement