🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Learning to create Art - by Riuthamus

Started by
57 comments, last by zizulot 6 years, 7 months ago

The latest and greatest is nice, But not needed.

Does she suffer from NAS? (Nikon Acquisition Syndrome? smile.png )

I wish you both good luck!

She doesnt, but I do. Oddly, I feel better if she has the best around her neck. There is something rewarding about knowing that I provided her with the thing that brings her so much joy. She feels the same about me and my computer... so its kinda a mutual thing.

There is a rumor that Nikon will anounce the new D5 later this year, So it might be worth waiting if you have the cash.

But there is allways a better peice of equiment around the corner.

There is a nice forum like here called Nikonites.com( they also have a small section for non Nikon cameras too :) ).

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Advertisement

I think this video was like the first. There is a little more perspective in this example but its pretty much the same blocking out. The rest of the video was sped up and unfinished. I dont mean to sound ungrateful but I didn't see any information in this video that wasn't already provided by you earlier in the series. I am looking forward to the next in the series though.

Hm... Interesting point. I will try to rethink how I did this video. The goal was to use the first three things and put those into a quick video. I also wanted to kinda substantiate the current theory, so I threw in me finishing it up. who wants to learn how to do art from somebody who doesnt know how? right? So I was more or less showing that I know how and what you could do when you put all the tools I will be teaching you together. I can see how that backfired so no need to be worried about your comments. I want to make these videos helpful for you guys so the more comments/suggestions you have the better.

Is this series over or will / when there be another video

Series is not over, I updated the most recent video based on the critisim you guys gave. I want to push it out this weekend. I spent more time focusing on the purpose of the technique and putting that into practice than I did on making it short. This should give you guys the stuff you wanted from the last time.

Its the weekend :)

Yep, and i just finished processing it. Uploading it now and should have an update within a few. Thank you for the continued interest.

So i made 3 videos. The new material covers:

Shading, Highlights, and the use of light in your art! :P New concepts.

Riuthamus do you have a portfolio online

Are those videos uploaded? I didnt see them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement