🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Editor messes up quote blocks

Started by
3 comments, last by TheChubu 9 years, 4 months ago

Post editor started to mess up quote blocks too. Sometimes you quote things and when you post them, what remains is an empty quote block and the quoted text directly below as normal text.

I'd settle for a barebones plain editor without bullets or whatever fancy things that simply didn't mess up the text. The journal editor messes up things too (as in really bad, eating half of an entry at times), people take time writing, time that goes to hell when the editor decides its not the day it wants to do actual text editing.

Its a forum, writing is literally all there is to do.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Advertisement

What browser are you using? this isn't a problem I've eve come across myself.

Chrome. Although I've had the journal issues with Iceweasel too (Firefox). Although I don't see how the browser would be responsible of switching quote tags around.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

I noticed that the wysiwyg-editor would screw up if you delete some empty space near a hidden tag, by often also deleting the tag.
The workaround is to click the upper-left button to directly edit good old bb-code.

I noticed that the wysiwyg-editor would screw up if you delete some empty space near a hidden tag, by often also deleting the tag.

That's a different issue and you can see that the quote gets deleted in the editor when you do that. Yeah, it also adds empty space for some reason and if you try to delete it it fucks up everything.

What I'm talking here is that you hit the selective quote button, write stuff, then hit the "post" button, and when the post is shown the quote blocks are messed up. That's all that I have to do for the editor to fuck it up.

Again, and again, and again, and again, its not me deleting anything, or touching anything, its the damn editor showing me the post perfectly in the preview and fucking it up when posting it.

It happened to me like 4 times yesterday, and to another user. Seriously, its a damn forum, what there is to do if you can't even write things reliably?

Hell if I go and hit selective quote on your post, and preview it WITHOUT TOUCHING ANYTHING, the editor breaks the quote block in the preview screen. WHY

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement