Advertisement

Game Ideas Suggestions - GAMEDEV

Started by February 07, 2015 05:36 PM
4 comments, last by Khaiy 9 years, 7 months ago

Hello! I am Frenzikk, or Bryce, and I really need some help :\

I am currently having "Developer Block", as some call it. It means, I can't figure out what to develop...

There are some preferences I would like to point out :

- 2D

- Space/Sci-fi

- Action/Adventure

- NOT Sandbox

- Pixel Art Graphics

That's basically it. I just really need an idea that meets the things above..

Also, to give a better idea, Here are some games I would like to draw inspiration from :

- Risk of Rain

- Heat Signature

- Faster than Light (FTL)

So, If you have a suggestion of a game I should develop, that follow above, than please post below..

Much appreciated!!

~Bryce

Usually if I am stuck on an idea, it helps me to make a sketch on paper, or make some mock-up graphics in Photoshop. Once you can visualize your ideas, you may have a better time coming up with full game concepts. Start drawing some space ships and aliens and see what you come up with.

Stay gold, Pony Boy.
Advertisement

I am Frenzikk, or Bryce, and I really need some help :\
I am currently having "Developer Block",

Why do you want to make a game, if you don't have an idea what to make? What is the purpose for making the game? Is it to have something to develop your skills with? Or is it to make something to sell and earn some money? What is your reason for making a game?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

I think something with the same basic mechanic as Tonypa's Geartaker http://jayisgames.com/archives/2006/07/geartaker.php would work well as part of an SF action-roguelike. While run-around-the-planet platformers and casuals aren't unheard-of by any means, I don't think anyone has made something like with a more RoR/HS/FTL structure behind it.

Inspiration - go google sci-fi images and just look at a spectrum of whats there (half dozen pages) to look for some idea which will click.

2D means thoughtful interactions vs whizzbang light show.

-

Light Bulb!!! - Sci Fi gameshow with vignettes the player is presented with to 'solve' (precanned scenrios/terrain).

Assets unfortunately are alot of work so any way you can grab static images vs versatile 2D animations

(and pictures of all kinds of sciencey tools with simple effects tobe activated for variety).

Throw in a little (procedural programming) auto-generation of variations (some varying combinations of situational props/tools) to maximize reuse of the assets you do build.

--------------------------------------------[size="1"]Ratings are Opinion, not Fact

You could look through here and see if anything strikes your interest.

-------R.I.P.-------

Selective Quote

~Too Late - Too Soon~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement