🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sending Messages To Multiple Clients

Started by
9 comments, last by ankhd 9 years, 4 months ago

Don't learn threads at the same time you're learning multiplayer at the same time you're learning C++ container classes and standard library.
Do one at a time!

Lol, nothing like just jumping in.

No indeed. I have done network programming I've made a winstock chat app, dplay RTS game, a new RTS and Tower version(That is waiting for a Network layer), in the past I've created all my containers from scratch I'm only now branching out, because I need to learn the hard way so I can under stand.

Wait till you her my next plan,

Producers and consumers. been ready up all day on them, Boost looks like the way to go since im now using it for networking.

I'm no where near making it yet(producer, comsumers).

I have a question on consumers and producers for a network app you would need 2 consumers and producers(all ready sick of writting them words , will refer to them as C and P).

one for the apps out going and one for incomming, am i right in that thourght.??

used like the app post a new message to producer then the thread consumes the message and then the C & P is for incomming but its in reverse the thread produces and the app comsumes it.

if I'm right there my reading has not been in vain. But the thing I can't work out is when to check incomming C & P do I create an event triggered in the thread when it adds a P.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement