🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Karaski: What Goes Up... Slavic-Steampunk RPG Unraveling a Plot Onboard an Airship!

Started by
7 comments, last by Koobazaur 9 years, 2 months ago
Hello Fellow GameDevs! I'd like to introduce you to my second upcoming indie game, which just released its first Gameplay Trailer and launched Steam Greenlight! Without further ado...

Karaski: What Goes Up...
Slavic-Steampunk RPG Adventure unraveling a plot onboard the world’s first Airship!
Focus on Nonlinear Investigation, Exploration, Stealth and Dialogue.

Inspired as indie mish-mash of classics including Deus Ex, Arcanum, 30 Flights of Loving and Jazzpunk

[video=youtube;I1LY6Fiatxc]http:
[/video]

Coming later this year!
steam-greenlight-200.jpg[/url]

Visit the Official Website
Follow on Twitter
Like on Facebook

Set in a fictional Dunabe Commonwealth in 1923, you are lucky to be onboard the world’s first Airship! But inevitably, something goes wrong, and it’s up to you to figure out what each of the passengers is hiding. Use various tools to get around to uncover new clues, and make up your own mind what it all means. But be careful not to get caught snooping around and casting suspicion on yourself!

Click to view Screenshots

karaski-rpg-game-0-slavic-steampunk-adve karaski-rpg-game-1-nonlinear-exploration karaski-rpg-game-2-tools-multiple-approa karaski-rpg-game-3-stealth-sneaking.jpg

karaski-rpg-game-4-complex-conversation. karaski-rpg-game-5-sneak-suspicion.jpg karaski-rpg-game-6-complex-story.jpg karaski-rpg-game-7-player-choices.jpg

karas81-indie-game-booze-poster.jpg karas29_the_gang.jpg karas52_pipehalls.jpg karas77-indie-game-dining-hall.jpg

Nonlinear Investigation and Exploration
Freely explore 4 different decks looking for clues… or stealing money and booze!

Multiple Tools and Approaches
Pick locks, tinker with machinery, or use your persuasive skills.

Stealth and Sneakery
Avoid patrolling guards, find alternate routes, or bribe them if you can.

Complex Characters and Rich Dialogue
Fraternize with your comrades to learn their stories… or just get them drunk enough!

Intricate Story
See how your meddling affects the airship and make up your own mind what all the clues mean!

But the questions still remain… What are the passengers hiding? Who is behind the nefarious plot? What will happen to the Airship? Can your actions change the outcome? And who are YOU working for?

And as a bonus, here's a recent Valentine promo tongue.png

KaraskiValentines.jpg
Comrade, Listen! The Glorious Commonwealth's first Airship has been compromised! Who is the saboteur? Who can be saved? Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion of its final hours in an open-ended, player-driven adventure. Dziekujemy! -- Karaski: What Goes Up...
Advertisement
Just an update that a new DevBlog post is up!

KaraskiFacebookHeader_v2-680x252.jpg

Brief summary of what’s been going on the past few months and where the development is headed!

Go Read It Now!
Comrade, Listen! The Glorious Commonwealth's first Airship has been compromised! Who is the saboteur? Who can be saved? Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion of its final hours in an open-ended, player-driven adventure. Dziekujemy! -- Karaski: What Goes Up...
For all those interested, new devblog is up

DevBlog #14: Alpha-Testing and Hard Lessons Learned

indie-game-alpha-testing-680x255.jpg
First round of Alpha Testing is making me really reevaluate my core design ideas and what the game is fundamentally about. Also, modeler interviews, gamepad support & GDC!
Just got back from GDC so wanted to share a few of the lessons I learned!

How to Attend GDC: Lessons from a First-Time Goer

gdc-tips.jpg

I just got back from the GDC and wanted to share several tips I learned for anyone thinking of going in the future.

Continue Reading...
New DevBlog!

DevBlog #15: Artstyle, Unity 5 Woes, and Reviewing Job Apps

unity5-shaders-artstyle-experiments-680x
Post-GDC week felt like all I did was answer emails and review job applications. But I did get some time to toy with Unity5 and new shaders.
And another update: If I have to look at one more Artist Portfolio @_@....

DevBlog #16: Interviews, Legalese and Gyroscopes

game-dev-legal-680x243.jpg

I’m finally done with reviewing portfolios and conducting interviews for modelers and writers! Trying to get back to implementing new features in the game.

Continue Reading...
Well I finally got a good 3D Artist and Writer onboard. Things will start looking much better in coming months biggrin.png

DevBlog #17: With 3D Artist and Writer Onboard!

karaski-indie-game-level-680x194.jpg

I just hired two excellent guys to help polish the game and bring up the quality over the next few months! Also, new Gameplay tweaks.

Continue Reading...
Karaski is now undergoing a major graphical overhaul! Check out the new screenies biggrin.png

karaski-indie-game-graphics-overhaul-680
Some big new story alterations are coming ohmy.png

DevBlog #18: Branching Story Improvements!

karaski-indie-game-plot-story-680x243.jp

Big plot changes are coming to make the story more interactive and branch-y. The intricate mystery just got, well… more intricate!

Continue Reading...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement