🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Crossbones

Started by
23 comments, last by jacmoe 9 years, 3 months ago

What does crossbones mean? What is it? Why does someone get it? I'm confused...

I hope crossbones doesn't mean death...

Advertisement

Yes, it means death.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Yes, death.

And in addition to being able to cast spells of pirate/zombie/ninja/robot death...

It should also mean this link works and you can review articles as Good, Acceptable, Okie-dokie, Bad, Terrible, Horrible, Awful, Really Bad, Extra Bad, and Broken Bad. Or maybe just give a 'peer review' stamp if you think it should be published, I get those confused sometimes.

Edit: Just checked. There is one "Just Do It" button, and there are nine variations of "NOOOOOOOOO!!"

Also the 'death' button, because you can never have too many of those.

I can't seem to open the "pending approval" articles btw. I get a

"Sorry, we couldn't find that!"

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

I can't seem to open the "pending approval" articles btw. I get a

"Sorry, we couldn't find that!"

Those are articles that still need to be approved by a moderator, so they're not available to the public (or crossbones) to peer-review yet.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

Could someone explain how this is decided? I thought it happened after getting 1000 Rep points, but I guess not.huh.png

It is based on passing 1,000 rep points, but the automatic promotion is apparently broken, so it unfortunately doesn't happen automatically at the moment.

- Jason Astle-Adams

It isn't that big of a deal for me. Truthfully, there would be few articles that I would feel qualified to peer-review. Still, it would be nice if one does happen fall under my skill set.

Oh sorry, I should have mentioned above that I added crossbones to your account, so you should be able to peer review now -- let me know if the dialog isn't showing -- at the time of writing this article is still under review, so you should see the peer review dialog at the top. :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

Yes, it works! I shall endeavor to wield my new found power wisely and justly!*

*Unless I am in a foul mood... Bwaa ha ha!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement