🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Heartomics wants a bone.... no no no not that kind.

Started by
11 comments, last by heartomics 9 years, 3 months ago

@Tom You're right. Being jealous is not relevant or useful to my productivity... or is it? Personally, it's not.

@Servant I will be looking forward to watching my pixel art improve over the years. Thanks.

Advertisement

My suggestion for motivation, is to work on your games when you're not feeling motivated. You may come up with an idea or hear some inspirational thing that makes you feel motivated, and that's great, but you won't get much done if you rely on that. You need to set goals, and work towards them even when you don't feel like it (but give yourself a break sometimes too).

The great thing is that when you work on a game and make some progress, that helps motivate you. And you come up with more ideas, which motivate you. So you may start the day feeling like you're just not in the mood to work, but you do it anyway and get motivated as you go.

Radiant Verge is a Turn-Based Tactical RPG where your movement determines which abilities you can use.

@Different

You're right. I have a list of To-Dos that is easy to motivate me. There are things that I enjoy A LOT about the game making process. Than there are things that I just call work...

because I find it so dreadful.

I'll take your advice and keep a balance so I can mix and match work and motivated ideas/features.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement