🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Downvoting kills my motivation

Started by
48 comments, last by jbadams 9 years, 3 months ago

I have been called passive-aggressive too here, haha. Really it's just passion.

Amen to that!

Too many projects; too much time

Advertisement
When I first joined here, over ten years ago, I was an idiot with a vastly overinflated sense of my own ability and skills. I got down votes galore.

Instead of moaning about it, I tried to learn from it. I'm now full time employed as a professional developer living the dream and none of that would have been possible without the guidance of this community.

I'm so glad I never just stormed off in a huff. I dread to think what kind of job I would be working today if I had.

Oh man, I'm imagining how this thread would look if it had been made ten years ago.

All the delicious cries and anguished screams and gleeful plots of ratings over time as they plummet toward zero...

Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX

On the subject of posting about ratings...

and i feel peopel downvote me because its a new trendy

-veWC us the new black!

Mobile Developer at PawPrint Games ltd.

(Not "mobile" as in I move around a lot, but as in phones, mobile phone developer)

(Although I am mobile. no, not as in a babies mobile, I move from place to place)

(Not "place" as in fish, but location.)

I only thought of doing it, but did not. I guess it is more like you are writing in a hurry (misusing the shift key, not taking the time to check spelling, ambiguous statements in single line postings) and later showing unhappiness when people could not mind-read (if it is the same thread you thought about).

no its definetly hate related.

Could this topic be closed - I think it's maybe has served it's purpose. It's been in a downward spiral for some time now. ;)

Too many projects; too much time

We don't normally close topics at user request, but in this case I completely agree that this no longer seems productive and seems to be going in a bad direction.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement