🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Logo Feedback

Started by
17 comments, last by Ashaman73 9 years, 3 months ago
Knew it was an anteater.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Advertisement

That looks like a stylized aardvark .

And it looks like it represents some kind of geometric art style.

Edit: It looks like I got the first part right biggrin.png

I cannot remember the books I've read any more than the meals I have eaten; even so, they have made me.

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I thought it was the tasmanian devil, or coffee foam art like you get in your coffee at a good coffee shop :)

I think that my first impression was of an armadillo (the dark patches looked a little like plates, and the circular shape brought to mind the armadillo's famous defensive pose), then of an anteater. I take it that the dark line to the right is intended to be the animal's tongue? If so, then I do quite like that--but will admit that I think that it took me some time to see it.

I do very much agree with those who suggested having the rest of the logo better convey an impression of the anteater's body. I might also go further and suggest going further and breaking the circular shape slightly--perhaps by having the animal's tail curve out to the right, like the tail of a "Q".

I rather like the colours, by the way. ^_^

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

It looks pretty, but the bulk of the image doesn't really seem to convey any meaning. Like Josh said, only the small bit with the eyes looks like an animal, and it seems kind of "neglected", or "out on the edge". My focus is drawn to the swirly things in the middle, but they don't convey any meaning to me.

edit: oh, is the swirl in the middle supposed to be a "G" for games?

The G is not intentional :D

It is supposed to be the front claws since the Giant Anteater has claws/nails on the front paws and small nails on the rear ones. But in the end it is just an abstract form to fill the icon center.

You guys are awesome for feedback!

I am happy to see that the icon can be seen as an anteater, specially alongside the title. Maybe the problem here is that Giant Anteater is an animal from south america and I am from Brazil so it is easily recognizable to me and hard to you guys. Aardvark, racoon and armadillos are easy for you and hard to me :D

I like the "coffee" and "dragon wearing nike" feedbacks :D

Here are some variations. The vertical ones will be used on the splash screen. The horizontal one is being used on the website. I have various options like black, white, color, metal, etc.

xHQ4wsN.png

MoxkWJ4.png

Well my first impression was Pterosaur, then a combination of Infogrames armadillo and Firefox fox, later Google Chrome sphere and finally a pokemon ball (is it called so?) but I am not into Pokemon stuff so not sure.

Also on my own didn't like cornered nature of font in contrast to circular logo, I'd prefer a more "smooth" one. And not sure if an anteater next to name "anteater" is a good idea, even though this one is stylized.

mostates by moson?e | Embrace your burden

I really like it programad. You can use different colors in it to represent whatever project you're working on to. I think almost any background would look good with the coloured version you've presented us with here. Your unintentional use of the letter 'G' in it's center is awesome!

A suggestion is to fill the body, it's easier to read what it is.

anteater_Games_fill.png

My first thought:

Cup of coffee with milk... then I thought the eye was a floating coffee bean... Anteaters aren't really popular animals in europe, so I wasn't able to read the shape, eventually the color combination lead me to think it was coffee (or the lack of coffee in my body wink.png ).

Nevertheless, good work, once you know it represents an anteater it is easy to recognise it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement