🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[Android] Vortel

Started by
-1 comments, last by Any% 9 years, 2 months ago
xlCUo6.png
Quick Introduction:
Hello everyone! Not only is this my first post on this forum, but it is also my first completed game.
I'm open to C&C but I consider this game to be finished and I don't think I will be implementing any new features. The only future developments will be for correcting any problems users may find. (lag, bugs, ect.)
- Vortel is an avoidance game where player skill and tactics are paramount to your success.
- Vortel game mechanics are carefully crafted to not only induce the player's focus but also tempt the player into making risky decisions to boost their score.
- The Vortel world is an infinite space, where the camera traverses a path surrounded by vortexes and other strange items which cause different side effects to the player.
- The only goal in Vortel is to survive. As the game progresses, so does your score. Your score can then be submitted to an online scoreboard system to compete with other Vortel players.
Vortel vs. Vortel Free
There are currently two different versions of Vortel. A pay-to-play version and a free-to-play version.
The pay-to-play version unlocks a new collectible entity which turns you into a magnet which attracts other entities to you (this can be a tremendous boost in score, but as well as the worst decision you could make).
A new deadly entity which acts as a magnet and attracts you to it. This does not terminate you on contact, but it will drag you to places which may cause your demise. (Only appears when the boss's energy is at 50%)
A three phase boss fight, which after surviving, will boost your score by 1000 points. (Only appears when the boss's energy is at 100%)
The boss gains energy by collecting the entities which you do not collect.
The pay-to-play and free-to-play leader-boards are separate to avoid unfair game mechanic advantages.
MEDIA:
trailer
ingame-game screenshots
bwtCFO.png
DOWNLOAD:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement