🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Font advice for logo

Started by
-1 comments, last by Unduli 8 years, 8 months ago

Hi,

I had created logos both for company and game project few months ago and was happy with them. I had used WeblySleek UI ( http://www.dafont.com/weblysleek-ui.font ) which is basically Segoe UI of Microsoft with very slight changes.

But recently I read some comments people considering it as Segoe UI ripoff and since I can't reach mentioned creator Mat Douglas, I thought it will be better to use another font.

So I checked how logos look like with different fonts. Having criterias like multiple weights (light and semibold at least), humanist sans-serif , Cyrillic characters and preferably being free or not much expensive limited choices. And now I have some finalists.

segoe.png

The problem is I can't decide which one or something else to pick. When I look font by font,

Segoe UI : Doesn't look as corporate as others and license isn't clear.

Open Sans : De facto web font, didn't like ? (ch in Cyrillic)

Roboto : Android font, very common

TexGyre : Helvetica Neue free alternative, lacks weights ( I made regular thinner)

Source Sans : Adobe Font, didn't like ? (ch)

Helvetica Neue : Amazing font but thanks but no thanks to Apple, extremely over used.

So I'd appreciate some advice about one fitting to rather corporate and IT startup nature. I'd like to hear other font recommendations as well.

Thanks in advance.

I decided to stick with Segoe UI as I am convinced that it is fine to use a system font (somehow bundled with since Windows Vista) to create logotype.

So problem solved at the moment, thanks anyway.

mostates by moson?e | Embrace your burden

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement