🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Best free sprites of a dog?

Started by
1 comment, last by Tony Mars 7 years, 1 month ago

I know this question may look weirdly specific but I'm just creating a game (2D platformer, side view) with a dog as the main character and I'm looking for the best dog sprites I'm gonna find in the public domain or under some low-restriction license allowing me to use it comercially.

I've browsed all the most popular free game art places and the best I've found so far is this one from GameArt2D. I absolutely love the cartoonish style and the fact that there are even all the animations packed in makes it hard for anything to even come close, I guess, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask and keep looking around for a bit.

So - do you know any other free dog sprites (some basic animations along with that would be even cooler)?

Advertisement

I would also recommend finding a tile-set not in the public domain / free to use and ask the artist to use it. My guess is most people would be glad to see their work go to use as long as you give recognition for their work.

Also I would recommend using simple place holder graphics until you get to the point you need a well animated dog, giving you time to know what you want/need.

Hello guys! Check this sprites https://craftpix.net/categorys/sprites/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement