🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help writing/designing a CV

Started by
0 comments, last by frob 8 years, 3 months ago

Hello guys,

This is my first time attempting to make a CV and i always thought that it was something like stablished but when I start looking for CV's online THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT! So I am confused now, what should I do? how should my CV look like?

Here is some info about me:

I am studying informatic engeneering, and I want to apply as an intern to a game studio in Caracas, Venezuela called Teravision Games.

I have done some courses about logic and programming, technical services, basic electronic and social media.

I am also working with an online team as a level desginer for a Tower Defense game, I have worked for a catering company as a marketing assistant.

Can you guys give me like templates or something like that to make a good CV? or at least point me on the right direction?

Thankssmile.png smile.png

Advertisement

There are different conventions based on your location in the world.

I don't know what employers in Venezuela expect.

Typically there is a section for your employment history and the projects you completed while employed in reverse chronological order (newest first). There is also typically a section for your education. Sometimes another section for personal projects related to work. In some regions academic scores are listed. In some regions some biographical information about your family or a picture is typically included, although in many countries it is not included due to discrimination concerns.

In our industry experienced people may start with a section listing completed game credit titles as a quick summary.

As a general rule, keep it visually simple. Plain black and white, business-like fonts. Perhaps your name in 18 point font, perhaps section titles in 14 point, perhaps the standard print in 10 point. Or whatever fits for your page.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement