🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

100% cpu usage

Started by
9 comments, last by khawk 7 years, 11 months ago

I had a problem with safari constantly locking up on this website so i switched to chrome. after using chrome awhile it started behaving the same way. so i pulled up chromes own task manager. I am showing 100% cpu usage for this website as well as progressive memory being chewed up. going over a gig in about 15 seconds.

This happens both in safari and chrome so no idea whats going on.

Advertisement

We're tweaking a few things and can keep an eye out. I've seen it once with an ad network, but it's not consistent (no issues right now). Anyway, we'll watch for the issue to see what may be the cause.

Admin for GameDev.net.

I was coming to CSI to mention this issue I'm experiencing but now I see its exactly the same as Komatsu's Good to know staff is already looking into the issue.

Over the past hours there's been a bit of improvement

Thanks

EDIT: No. It's actually getting much worse. Much much worse. I think I know the cause now, its the attempt to do targeted advertising it seems. Its causing the processor to work ceaselessly, freezes, lock ups

Unfortunately this is seriously beginning to ruin my experience here, now

Update Edit: Its been running very smoothly for days now. No cpu maxing, no freezes or locks anymore, Great!!!

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

I am experiencing the same issue, on Safari on OS X. Goes to 100% CPU usage (process is Safari web content) and the page slows down tremendously, I think it might be external ads, because sometimes its just fine (like now), but 2 minutes ago it was unbearable - I had to force-quit the browser to stop it.

Ads that have triggered it for me:

Microsoft 365

Mazda

I've had that a few times. GDNet tab eats up a core, keeping it at 100%. Using Chrome on Linux. Not lately though.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

This issue is extremely prevalent for me, at least 50% of the time if I refresh the main page. I'm going to steer clear of the forums until it is corrected.

This issue is extremely prevalent for me, at least 50% of the time if I refresh the main page.

I have multiple tabs open at all times and don't see the issue, so this is difficult to reproduce. Do you notice any particular ads (or no ads) when this is happening?

Admin for GameDev.net.

I made some changes that might help with this issue. Let me know if any of you notice any change in your viewing - positive or negative.

Admin for GameDev.net.

The problem hasn't shown up again yet, so it might be fixed.

Yup, haven't seen it happening again! Although it sounds like you're selling us snake oil.

"Oh right I made changes, quite a few changes! sure! I've been... changing... things, lots of things... errr... Let me know if things got better!"

:P

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement