🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The Big List of Names

Started by
1 comment, last by DarkForestCrow 7 years, 12 months ago
I have been coming up with cool sounding names for game objects since I was little. Whether it's a sword, a spear, a battleship, or an imperial city, I am a sucker for really awesome names in video games. I want to share some of the best of the best I have come up with (or heard) over the years. Any name you think is memorable is fair game, even if it seems ridiculous. Please share yours! * Farstucker (originally a Lords of Acid album- now the name of a spear) * Splin'Tor (cheeky play on words. Name for a small sharp object (dagger)) * Scienter (means "evil intent" in jurisprudence) * Pontifex ( cool sounding name for a ship) * Excelsior (means, roughly, "wood shavings used in shipping". Cool ship name) * Imperator (roman word meaning "commander". A precursor to the word "emperor". Cool ship name) * Executor (the flagship of the imperial fleet. you see a theme here...) * Mens rae (in jurisprudence, knowing that a particular thing is going to happen. A stealthy weapon) * Belias Tor (the name of a mountain pass in Final Fantasy Tactics. I have used endless variations of this very cool sounding name) * Crypt & Confidential (you could not possibly guess the deep significance of this phrase, and I do not dare to elaborate) * Dr. Fist (don't even ask...) * Noiragfag (Gafgarion spelled backwards (FFT) source of endless hilarity) * Terra _____ (use of "Terra" as a surname for cities (i.e. "Terra Letta", "Terra Bithia") * kaclys (hero name)
Advertisement

TLDR

I assume you copy-pasted a list but the formatting got messed up?

Swedish Technical Artist moved to China to make games. Follow my adventures on my indie game development blog!

Good idea, mate, and good list.

You can use online generators. Like namegeneratorfun or fantasynamegenerators.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement