🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

MySQL server vs Microsoft sql server

Started by
2 comments, last by hplus0603 8 years, 1 month ago
Hi everyone

For me i have worked on Microsoft sql server and it was good for me

So what is the best database engine server for you and why you choose it

Thank you for your participation
Advertisement

I think at this point is a matter of preference. MySQL/MariaDB and Postgres have been getting a lot of reps if you want to stay away from corporate-backed SQL. Either way they are SQL.

i agree but in my question i'm talking about the algorithm used in the engine database server

wich one get the best result speed when you request something from the table

for example if we have two databases and for every database we have 10 tables and every table size can up to 10Mo maybe more

Mysql Server vs Microsoft Sql server :

Size Compression file for example

Speed response for a request

Stored Procedure (for example in Microsoft Sql Server we can prepare a list of procedures and we can execute them without sending request everytime to the server)

Benchmarks for different databases are available online, and the throughput really depends on your specific workload.

That being said, if you can live with the schema constraints of SimpleDB, or BigTable, then you can scale order of magnitude larger than you can with a single-instance database.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement