🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Web page browser title

Started by
2 comments, last by Brain 7 years, 11 months ago

In a recent change, it seems like web page title (the name displayed on a browser tab) no longer contains the sub-forum/thread name -- it always just displays "GameDev.net".

Is the change intentional?

I quite liked the old style, as I often have multiple tabs open at once.

EDIT: I see that, in some cases, the thread tag is applied as a prefix to the web page title, but there's at least something here which feels inconsistent.

Hello to all my stalkers.

Advertisement

Yes that's intentional for now. There is (was) another issue where non-forum pages show as "Community Forums". While not necessarily an issue for the browser it is an issue for other sites that link to GameDev.net (social media, google, etc). This is a temp fix for now until the exact cause can be narrowed down.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Yes that's intentional for now. There is (was) another issue where non-forum pages show as "Community Forums". While not necessarily an issue for the browser it is an issue for other sites that link to GameDev.net (social media, google, etc). This is a temp fix for now until the exact cause can be narrowed down.

I see. Thanks for the reply :)

Hello to all my stalkers.

Go Go KHawk!

Thanks for the update :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement