🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Online Portfolio Design

Started by
1 comment, last by yaustar 7 years, 9 months ago

I am trying to design my online portfolio and trying to get some feedback, what do you guys think thanks , ignore the overlap image on the left

proto1.png

Advertisement

The layout looks good and clean, you are wasting some space on the right that you can use for descriptions.

The problem I think you have is that there isn't any thing visually stunning. You are competing in a heavy saturated market and will need some thing to hook clients.

Most of your skills don't really have a visual element to show, however people will judge based on looks. I recommend getting a 3D artist to help with that helicopter.

I'm assuming this is for applying for jobs as there links to a resume?

It's a bit difficult to judge without the actual content but here goes:

- Image on the left is distracting and looks like CSS code (?) which isn't the main language/skill you want to showing off? I would remove the text from the background

- None of the projects have descriptions so I would leave room a paragraph or two per project

- Is the web design responsive? How does it look on a mobile device?

- If you are having that many YouTube embeds on a single page, it takes a huge hit on the page load time. I recommend 'lazy' loading them

- The font is quite wide per character making it quite hard to read the titles. I suggest using a narrower font

Here is an old but still relevant guide for developer portfolios: https://engineering-game-dev.com/category/education/the-elusive-demo-portfolio/

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement