🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Using photon as pure SDK for server

Started by
-1 comments, last by Polydone 7 years, 9 months ago

At the moment I'm developing my multiplayer game using TCP sockets. I am considering moving to Photon server but one thing that bothers me is that it seems like Photon wants act like an App server and control the process?
I would very much prefer to have control of the process myself - basically I want MY Main() method to be the entry point of MY exe file and just use Photon as an SDK. Can this be done?
I apologize if it's hard to understand what I mean - I'm not entirely sure what it's called and that's why it has been hard for me to google it too.

I hope I understand this correct, that I can just reference the Photon.Socketserver.dll in my own project:

Alternatively any game logic can be developed directly on top of the C# framework. The entry point for this is the application class, defined in the Photon.Socketserver.dll.

http://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/onpremise/current/getting-started/basic-concepts

Developer journal: Multiplayer RPG dev diary

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement