🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Seeking Writer - Mud Type Game

Started by
0 comments, last by Serpent453 7 years, 8 months ago

I'm working on a online rpg text game. It runs on a custom Windows client with many UI features (Such as panels for inventory, quests), which shortcut to the console commands.

It's fantasy based but has little map/room content beyond the temporary newbie maps.

Basically the writing will include location intros, npc name description, and dialogue creation, possibly quest creation, and item creation.lore descriptions.

Or any of these. It is a hobby project but I do wish for a release with enough content to call it a release.

I'd l ike the locations of the world to have their own story/lore going, so you would have a lot of control over creating the areas and their atmospheres.

Advertisement

Hello, keninn! I saw your post a little while ago. Assuming you are still working on this and have not abandoned the project, count me interested!

I'm an aspiring writer myself, as well as an aspiring game designer and music composer. Now, while I do not have anything official to give you (books, ebooks, any actual game, etc.) I DID make a few demos for the various topics I recognized that you said you needed help with. I composed them into two docs for you.

(Note, some of the stuff I wrote down are mainly guesses as to what you are referring to in your post, so I may be hilariously wrong on all accounts. If so, ignore me.)

Location Intro, Item Description, Dialogue Creation:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15ndkLSxPui_dKJ7Y1Oejs34G0fIUnN2im-7ksfSB8no/edit?usp=sharing

Lore creation for a whole world, focusing on its environment, ecosystem, dominant religion, and the culture of a noteworthy city:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q2jjemVx8F02hCMcHu7V2jy0VAV7yb5cQwIRQ5BW1eA/edit?usp=sharing

If all of this is good enough, you can contact me through Skype or through Email. Here are the accounts, respectively.

Email: atschmidt00@gmail.com

The Snek that runs the Plek.

- Ametuer Music Composer

- Fledgling Writer

- Ambitious Game Designer

In short, I suck.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement