🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Make ads open in new tab/window

Started by
2 comments, last by khawk 7 years, 8 months ago
Hi,

Can the ads be changed to open up in a new window or tab, perhaps a target "_blank" needs to be set.

Right now they open in the window where they are clicked replacing the current page and losing track of where you are.

Considering some ads follow a long chain of 302 redirects and meta refreshes, it's very hard to find your way back to gdnet after clicking one out of curiosity.

Can this please be changed?

Thanks!
Advertisement

Which ads? All of them should be set to _blank.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Hi Khawk

All Google ads when delivered to mobile seem to override this behaviour and open in the same window.

I can't vouch for desktop behaviour but I'm seeing this on Sony Xperia and Samsung galaxy S2 running Android.

Thanks for looking :)

Edit: I'm trying this again myself and it seems hit and miss. Some ads operate via javascript onclick hooks and don't respect the target, whilst any that follow the href work as expected...

Ok, knowing it's mobile is helpful. I'll check.

Edit: Found a few that were not set properly, so ads should open in a new window now regardless of desktop or mobile.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement