🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Most exposure on VR

Started by
-1 comments, last by SillyCow 7 years, 8 months ago

I am creating a hobby VR game.

I would like to get as much exposure as possible.

The game is designed to be super-simple to control (gaze controlled), and as such, can run on any platform. (no need to adjust for controllers)

I've owned an Occulus DK1 when it launched, but I sold it after playing around with it and seeing that the eco-system was not yet evolved.

I would like to get the biggest exposure I can get, for the least porting effort. I am not trying to make any money (this is a hobby), but rather am trying to make the biggest splash.

ATM I am developing for Google Cardboard assuming that's what most people are likely to have.

Also google daydream is coming out soon, so I guess that also adds points to developing VR in android.

However, the game is being developed in Unity, so I can easily port it anywhere else.

Assuming that I cannot develop for Playstation, because I am not a big licensed developer, Is there any other platform I should target which would give me a big quantity of quality installs?

The game will be free, so there is no pricing issue.

Possible platforms:

1. Samsung GearVR

2. Iphone version of cardboard

3. Occulus

4. Steam

5. Any other VR platform that I am not aware of.

Will any one of these yield a considerably higher install rate than google cardboard?

PS: I want people to actually play the game, installing it is not enough...

My Oculus Rift Game: RaiderV

My Android VR games: Time-Rider& Dozer Driver

My browser game: Vitrage - A game of stained glass

My android games : Enemies of the Crown & Killer Bees

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement