🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How to delete a thread?

Started by
7 comments, last by khawk 7 years, 8 months ago

Hi I once opened a thread, but can't delete it now. This is the thread: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/653739-sky-titans-online-shooter-with-a-twist/

How do I delete it?

Advertisement

You can click on the 'Report' button onder the thread, then you enter a comment like "Duplicate, please remove" or "Posted by accident" etc etc.

Crealysm game & engine development: http://www.crealysm.com

Looking for a passionate, disciplined and structured producer? PM me

You can report the post if you want, but generally we do not delete threads just because you've changed your mind about posting them. Especially if there are replies.

I should also note that we consider it extremely rude to self-vandalize your own posts like you did in that thread back in July. Doing so is generally a punishable offense, so consider this your warning and please do not do it again.

Wow, that sounds pretty senseless. Why shouldn't I be able to delete a topic, just because I feel like it? Isn't that the power I have as OP?
Especially vandalizing my own posts is something I should be able to decide, not the board. If I want my project to be removed from this board, then I'm adamant that it happens!

No, you don't own a thread just because you start it. This is a collaborative environment. If you don't accept that, you can start your own board on your own site with whatever rules you like.

Couldn't you just delete the thread all toghether with me as user? I really don't want this thread anymore. At least allow me to change the subject of this thread. I'll never show back here. If I knew I couldn't delete a topic, I'd never registered here. This is stated nowhere here, also I couldn't find it in the Terms of use (despite the fact you can't click on the link upon registering)

It is stated in the EULA you agree to when you sign up that you grant the site such a license to the content you post.

Section 4.2 of the Terms of Service says, "You grant GameDev.net a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual license to transmit, reproduce, and distribute your work on the web site and in any promotional or advertising material created by GameDev.net in connection with the Developer Services, Site, or Communities."

We will usually delete things if there is a good reason for it. So far, you've not given one, sorry.

(Edit: very-slowly ninja-ed - that's what happens when you get called away mid-post.)

Email us at support@gamedev.net with your justification. We can remove threads, but we need to know the justification - otherwise we'd be bombarded with thread removal and ultimately there wouldn't be much useful content on the site.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement