🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Notice: Crossbones members transferred to Members group

Started by
13 comments, last by BHXSpecter 7 years, 6 months ago
I feel like it might affect the quality of review when before it was people selected based on merit and now its people who pay.
I did not dare to review anything anyway while I still could, but someone who paid may just see it as something he/she bought the right to.
In whole I think removing the crossbones group can only lower the sites quality, but I guess you had to do that tradeoff to get enough money to pay everything.
Advertisement

This is a tough topic. I agree that we need to have a way to recognize merit and contributions, and we plan to bring that back.

I don't think it will lower quality - articles - and nearly all content on the site - can still be rated by anyone. We need to make this rating more prominent though.

Also, this year we'll likely be changing the way we source and publish articles. Our current process is broken in that we a) don't receive enough submissions, and b) have a weak pre-publish review period. This is under review as part of the site redesign currently underway.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Will you still accept articles from members?

I very much enjoy contributing articles as and when I have the time...
Absolutely. That will never change. I guess when I say 'change' I really mean 'augment'. Not a complete overhaul, but the current system needs to improve.

Admin for GameDev.net.

That is good to hear. Maybe one day I will build up the nerve to write an article, but as it stands now, I view my knowledge as beginner at best.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement