🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[WIP] BYTE (cyberpunk stealth-puzzle)

Started by
3 comments, last by xDNKx 7 years, 7 months ago

BYTEpageheader2S.png

Hack the system. For money, ideas, of just for lulz - it's up to you.

BYTE is a top-down cyberpunk stealth-puzzle game about hackers, networks, and cyber-worms for PC, macOS and Linux, being made on Construct 2 by Dividebyzer0 - tiny team of lunatics who seeks for self expression.

Player (as a too curious script kid) controls a sneaky cyber-worm and performs malicious deeds in the web. The nonlinear narrative takes place in the not distant, internet-dependent future, so the career opportunities are brighter than ever.

Core gameplay may kinda remind of “Snake” from your old Nokia phone: every time you steal data, your cyber-worm is getting longer, which makes it harder to control and evade anti-viruses.

Rec1.gif

Rec2.gif

Rec3.gif

Current state (v0.5.7)

Right now the game is in the alpha state. We’ve prepared a little demo for you to try out what we are making and to hear your opinions! Demo showing off the game core mechanics, art/sound style, as well as the bit of a story, which takes part in full version of the game’s plot.

You can grab the demo from the following resources:

Desperately waiting for your feedback, guys default_smile.png

Have a happy hacking!

---
Stay tuned with us via:

RSS feed and mail subscription on the studio’s website: Dividebyzer0.com
Facebook page: fb.com/DividebyzerO.team
Twitter page: twitter.com/dbzteam
Presskit: press.dividebyzer0.com
Private questions? Shoot’em at FloodBox@dividebyzer0.com
Advertisement

The visuals reminds me space hulk, which is good. Keep up the great work.

Developer with a bit of Kickstarter and business experience.

YouTube Channel: Hostile Viking Studio
Twitter: @Precursors_Dawn

The visuals reminds me space hulk, which is good. Keep up the great work.

Thanks for kind words! We will ;)

The visuals are really awesome! The occasional ripple effects are a great touch :) .
Haven't tried the demo yet but on my "must check" list.

Blog | Overburdened | KREEP | Memorynth | @blindmessiah777 Magic Item Tech+30% Enhanced GameDev

The visuals are really awesome! The occasional ripple effects are a great touch :) .
Haven't tried the demo yet but on my "must check" list.

Thank you!

There are still plenty of things we want to do with visuals, especially with UI - to create that feeling, like you are really sitting in front of cutting-edge cyberdeck, lock'n'loaded with hacking tools. I hope, you will like the result! ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement