🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Beta version testing question

Started by
1 comment, last by Navyman 7 years, 7 months ago

I'm releasing my first game in the next few weeks and will be doing some testing with family and close friends to start. I saw some people out there that do the testing for a living, which I may use, but is there also a community here where new indie games are cross tested by others as a courtesy so you're getting some solid feedback versus someone that isn't really going to give a good review that will result in positive changes to a game? I thought it was worth a shot at seeing if there is interest with new people on here if there isn't something already established. I have game number 2 coming out in April so I figured it could work out longer term as an ongoing thing for those that are interested. Cheers.

Advertisement
I would advise not using family and friends if you want constructive critical feedback. Friends are often "yes men" who won't say "this part sucks".

Find some people who are technically minded and analytical. I short post an announcement in the relevant threads here in this forum plus a few other indie development sites.

You will get all the constructive feedback you'll ever need :)

Once you've iterated a few times then unleash it on family and friends.

Good luck!

not using family and friends if you want constructive critical feedback

I would agree with the family side of this, but some of my best testers have been friends. One especially has a great habit of breaking everything and in so finds tons of hidden bugs or areas that need work.

Developer with a bit of Kickstarter and business experience.

YouTube Channel: Hostile Viking Studio
Twitter: @Precursors_Dawn

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement