🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for programmer, Cyberpunk adventure, 35% rev-share

Started by
6 comments, last by Treeton 7 years, 5 months ago
I need a boss ass programmer to partner up with. I got a good story, a good style to dress that story up, and a fun game design in mind
In the showcase, we see the mechanics of taking cover, firing gun, capitalizing on an enemy's reloading interval to kill him while using our drone Joji to incapacitate the other, until we murder his ass as well
please check the Mechanics tab thoroughly, and see if its doable for u
I have already started planning marketing, and i will split revenue 35% for the programmer after taxes and distributors' cut
hakunamatata61@gmail.com
LETS MAKE A GAME!
Advertisement

Looks great! Is the position still available?

You are basically asking to work for free and hope for the best... Good luck with that...

You are basically asking to work for free and hope for the best... Good luck with that...

Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?
Sure: you have a quite complex game idea and ask for an expert programmer to transform it in a game to be payed afterwards with 35% of what you get. Assume that an expert very good programmer needs ~1 year to realise your game. In order to get at least 30k€ as return for investment he needs to hope that the game sells for at least 85700€ more or less... and that would be gross. I think that you should pay the programmer in advance or make it yourself with unity3d or something like that. Make someone work just for the hope of being payed is not going to get you anywhere I think. Unless you want someone who does it for hobby but at that point you cannot force him to work on it full time.
That's why I say good luck. I will buy your game when it will be released. But I am a bit skeptic at this moment in time.

Care to elaborate?
Sure: you have a quite complex game idea and ask for an expert programmer to transform it in a game to be payed afterwards with 35% of what you get. Assume that an expert very good programmer needs ~1 year to realise your game. In order to get at least 30k€ as return for investment he needs to hope that the game sells for at least 85700€ more or less... and that would be gross. I think that you should pay the programmer in advance or make it yourself with unity3d or something like that. Make someone work just for the hope of being payed is not going to get you anywhere I think. Unless you want someone who does it for hobby but at that point you cannot force him to work on it full time.
That's why I say good luck. I will buy your game when it will be released. But I am a bit skeptic at this moment in time.

Cheers for that, you do have a point. A lot of points actually

The way i look at it is, i'm not looking for an employee but a partner, one that if we "click" we can keep producing after this game. Installing and maintaining myself to the industry (albeit as a noob) is more valuable to me than this single game making loads of money

Also paying someone in advance in such a freestyle - as in not having a contract or any kind of litigious binding - doesn't sit well with me. Instead, i have my assets backed, coder has their source backed, and with the revenue shares, we sail this ship together, or go down with it. Don't get me wrong, i have a lot of faith in humanity, but i also have faith in being prepared for the rain

What are you using to create this game?

What are you using to create this game?

Unity with Visual Studio integration

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement