🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Retro console programmer (for real hardware) seeking pixel/music artist

Started by
0 comments, last by ProMiriel 7 years, 5 months ago

Hi all.

Me

Industry veteran from the demoscene / games industry, but nowadays i write boring software during daytime, so by night i code retro games, for real retro consoles. (yes i have a family and a full time job, but it's a matter of taking time, not waiting till it magically appears)

I tried making both tripple A titles, mmo games, and casual mobile games, but none of it satisfied my desire to put passion, soul and fun into the games, like in the good old days. There is nothing i hate more than analytics, user acquisition, DLCs, in-app purchases and all that crap. It sucks the soul out of me actually! :P

You

You do either pixel art or music, and enjoy having no business requirements, no stress and messing around with a hobby project just for the love of games, and would love to have someone to share that passion with.

The project

Right now i am working on a Breakout clone for Gameboy Advance. The game is pretty far, but could really use a helping hand both in the graphics and music department, as i do everything myself right now. (You are more than welcome to remake everything with your own creative vision and style.)

I hope to find someone who enjoys making small games with soul, just like in the old days, and just for the love of it, and with whom i can share the fun.

I plan to make the game available on a limited run real physical cartridge, with box and everything. (yes, i have everything planned and the skills for it)

If you absolutely hate the game after seeing it, maybe we could start a new one from scratch together, once i am done with this one. But i warn you, coding takes time, and this one is pretty far already, so it would be much easier for you as an artist to join me now and seeing your graphics in action from day 1 :)

Quick facts:

- Very basic story setting: Mooncat has fallen down from the moon, lead him and his two friends through 5 worlds to get back home.

- 5 Different themed worlds

- 3 Selectable heroes, each with unique skill

- Animated enemies

- Powerups (large, small, multiball, fireball, shots)

If we share the same passion for oldschool games, and you have always wanted to do a Gameboy, NES, Mastersystem or whatever game, let me hear from you :)

Digitally yours,

Peter

breakout-0.png breakout-1.png breakout-2.png breakout-3.png breakout-4.png

Advertisement

hi ! im a sound engineer and musician , I have some experience making sound design and music for picture , here is some of my work as sound designer and musician. I see that maybe you want some king of 8 bit music ?? if that so I can do it

Music

https://soundcloud.com/the-maxheadroom-broadcast/master-lp-1

Sound design

3D sound environment

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement