🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Searching programmer for village-builder

Started by
-1 comments, last by Sitatop 7 years, 4 months ago

I am a quite experienced pixel artist looking to team up with a programmer to create a unique and well-thought out village-builder.

Many previous city- and village-builders have put a lot of focus on expanding your settlement and generally gone for "more is better". Expanding is pretty much a no-brainer. We, however, would go for a design that promoted the use of strategic placing and planning - as the population of your village will generally be very small. Each and every single individual is detrimental to success, which means performing (what generally seems like) a basic task like constructing a building needs the perfect timing, as you also want your people to be harvesting resources in all kinds of manners in order to survive.

Here are some quick concepts I drew. Mostly to show off the kind of style I personally would wish to go for. These structures however are a lot simpler designed than the final product would be.

fhSeTfb.png

aBxwjlg.png

http://imgur.com/a/Jye1M

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement