🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Blogs that are basically advertisements

Started by
2 comments, last by jbadams 7 years, 3 months ago

Whats up with all the blogs that are basically advertisements? That one for Battlefield 1, for example?

Advertisement

Blogs can be used as members see fit, as long as it's the type of blog that belongs on GameDev.net.

With the recent uptick in blog entries we'll be looking at ways to better highlight entries of interest. We don't want to discourage anyone from posting about their game, a game review from a developer perspective, or about their development thoughts.

We treat GameDev.net as a platform for the community to decide what's best, and as a platform one simple way to voice displeasure is to downvote the blog entries, or conversely upvote the good ones.

Admin for GameDev.net.

A suggestion. Whilst I do love the blogs, I think they could use some sort of grouping mechanism in a similar way that the different sub forums are segmented, or some way to more easily browse them such as a tiled grid with just the titles and an optional image.

FastCall22: "I want to make the distinction that my laptop is a whore-box that connects to different network"

Blog about... stuff (GDNet, WordPress): www.gamedev.net/blog/1882-the-cuboid-zone/, cuboidzone.wordpress.com/

Note: we have removed one recent blog entry that appeared to have been copied from elsewhere with a down link added.

We will of course handle any outright spam. :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement