🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Zombie Hunters Party (Open Sources, Linux/Windows)

Started by
-1 comments, last by DeeMOONger 7 years, 3 months ago

Zombie Hunters Party

Translated with Google Translate

First I posted a post here: https://www.gamedev.net/topic/687696-zombie-hunters-party-open-source/ (Can be deleted)

But today I thought: it would be nice to find an artist and finish the game together.

Genre: Shooting / arena

View: 2D top view

Platform: Linux / Windows

License: FreeWare GNU GPL v3

Programming language: C ++

Used technologies: engine of own design DeeNGINE, BASS

Project page: http://pylith.com/wip-zombie-hunters-party/

This game project was originally a test application for the DeeNGINE engine. But in the development process, I was so carried away that the test application grew into something more. I decided to work on the project and get a finished game as a result. I leave the source code open. Even if you decide to use another engine, then all the same source code will be useful for learning, because It will mainly be useful to learn exactly game mechanics and logic.

blog-0971365001491306690.png

The project uses graphics and sound taken from free sources. The music track is licensed and belongs to the licensor. I solemnly swear in subsequent assemblies to get rid of this track and replace it with a track from free sources or written by someone specially for the project. The same goes for graphic content and sound — if possible, everything will be replaced with your own content.

The goal of the game is to kill more zombies than the bots do. Bots have different accuracy and distance of attack.

Control:

The left / right (or A / D) keys are the rotation.

The up key (or W) is to go.

Shift + go - run.

Spacebar - shoot.

Service keys (cheats :))

F1 - Reset the game

F2 - reset the game with preserving the achievements of the player

F3 - increase the maximum number of zombies

F4 - increase weapon power

F5 - through bullets

F9 - camera switching (player - bots)

F11 - spawning all zombies at once

F12 - spawning one zombie in the frame

P.s. I apologize for the links on the project page through shortcuts with the display of advertising. Just sometimes, for some reason, I want to eat ))

Who is needed

I need an artist 2d or 3d (prerender) to fill the project with my own content.

Ideas

- several kinds of characters
- several types of weapons
- a game of up to 4 players per 1 pc (network game is not planned, but possible)
- Several types of zombies (smart and stupid, aggressive and passive)
- game modes: cooperative, survival, dead match
- the possibility of using environment objects: cars, military equipment, machine guns and other
- Impact on environmental objects: explosion of barrels, canisters, destruction of fences, sheds and other ...
I hope that there will be someone who can help with the graphic part of the project.
I will remind you once again: the NON-PROFIT

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement