🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Augmented Reality connected with real world objects

Started by
0 comments, last by frob 7 years, 1 month ago

Hey all,

I wanted to bounce around the idea and see if anyone thinks it's possible. I am wanting to integrate a system of connecting multiple real world objects that would need to be tracked and affected by the virtual elements of the game (i.e. driving a real world atv through virtual mud communicating to a computer on the atv resulting in the atv slowing down).

Would it be possible to have interactive objects that are placed by other players affect the other players real world objects? Like throwing out virtual spike strips and the other player running over them slow the vehicle to a stop?

I think it is possible, just wondering what anyone thought of it, whether it would be highly difficult to implement or not.

Advertisement

Right now it is possible to a degree.

Take a look at Magic Leap and HoloLens for AR versions that are still experimental.

Also check out what The Void is doing for a VR implementation that currently has a few (small) retail sites.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement