🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Post Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Concept Artist Wanted For Upcoming Mars Game

Started by
0 comments, last by Random-z-artist 7 years, 1 month ago

I am the leader of a small game development team creating a post-apocalyptic open world game set on Mars 150 years into the future with a low poly art style.

Right now we need a concept artist to tease the game and give the modelers something to base their models on.

Game Description:

Beneath rolling red hills Mars hides many secrets.

Behind walls of
glass humanity toils to scrape a living on this inhospitable planet. NextLife offers solace, a cushion to the suffering of man. The company has developed a drug with miraculous restorative properties – it cures previously-thought incurable illnesses, cancers, it has even been demonstrated to regrow lost limbs.

But what happens when miracles turn sour?

What happens when your society’s medicine becomes its
master,
when its pills become its shackles?

What happens when society collapses?

You escape or you die.

-

There's also a wiki for where some characters, vehicles, locations, etc are found: http://aftermars.wikia.com/wiki/AfterMars_Wiki

Info about salary:
We are working on a playable demo of the game. When complete, we will release it to the public alongside a Kickstarter campaign.
This would be done without any of the team members getting paid.
If the Kickstarter campaign is successful, we will put together a bigger team and make the full game.
Then everyone on the team would get paid (using the Kickstarter money).
We would then release the game on steam early access for 10-30 euros/dollars.
Everyone in the team would get some royalty from the money we make on the game.

I hope that you can join us in making this into a reality.

Cheers,
Benjamin Grimm

Advertisement

Hello. I am a young teenager artist , who wants to improve skills. I draw like 3 years, you don't have to pay to me. I can work with you. I want to get in the art bussines now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement