🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

2D Artist needed for Monster Hunter-like game

Started by
-1 comments, last by DingusKhan 7 years, 1 month ago

Hi guys.

I've spent the last 2 months developing the back-end for my game, which is essentially a 2D Monster Hunter clone. The main inspiration came from these images:

Monster-Hunter-Color-SA-Gamer.jpg

I've finished developing the basis for my animation system, attack-location system, area system, part of the village system, and part of the weapon/gear upgrade/crafting system, but I've hit a roadblock because I need art, and I'm a terrible artist.

The game is targetting Windows and Linux PCs with gamepad support, but mobile/Mac ports aren't out of the question if the project gains enough traction. This is an unpaid position since I'm not looking to profit from the game, but if we make decent progress, I may consider a low-priced distribution via itch.io, Gamejolt, and perhaps Greenlight. In this instance, I will pay the upfront costs of distribution, and any revenue generated will be split evenly among the team.

It is currently only me, but I have a friend who is interested in helping on the code/design front, and I'm looking for a maximum of 2 artists.

Drop me a message on here, or email me at Micheal.Giff@gmail.com if you're interested.

Thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement