🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Strafe : Air Support

Started by
23 comments, last by ErnieDingo 5 years, 11 months ago

Version 0.61 is up (been there for a week :)), includes a number of improvements to AI targeting, will be uploading a new version friday with a host of additional changes.  Enjoy.

Indie game developer - Game WIP

Strafe (Working Title) - Currently in need of another developer and modeler/graphic artist (professional & amateur's artists welcome)

Insane Software Facebook

Advertisement

Version 0.63 is up and contains work on 3d sound.  Enjoy.

Strafe (Working Title) - Currently in need of another developer and modeler/graphic artist (professional & amateur's artists welcome)

Insane Software Facebook

Version 0.70 is up on the page.  

Insane Software Facebook

That's fun :D

My subjective wishlist (all leading to less realism):

More freedom of movement (sharper turn angles, lower and higher min and max speed), because i want to move the joystick beyond its limits all the time. Enemies could stand resist hits to leverage diffulicty.

Larger planes, they appear really small.

Better visibility of planes vs. background (less bright reflection on water, brighter shadows... to reduce background contrast)

Levels with canyon fly through.

Better sense of hight (the plane shadow, does not help due the angles light direction - maybe drwing a dot straight below the planes on the ground)

I'm adding in special moves to enhance game play.  The angle of light is definitely an issue so i will look into adding something under the plane

Shadow contrast i can improve. Make it darker. 

Definitely be adding in canyons/mountains to restrict the fly zones. 

Lots to do ?  definitely be more arcade like. 

Insane Software Facebook

2 hours ago, ErnieDingo said:

Shadow contrast i can improve. Make it darker. 

Oh, i meant brighter shadows, not darker, so the background has less contrast. Allthough your shadows are ok as they are - just personal taste really.

But it would be very nice if the water would be more transparent and the under see terrain would shine through where it is not extremely deep. (similar to the cyan gradient around isles  you already have.) Maybe some kind of green / cyan / blue noise with a bit of red for corall reefs, and a cool refraction effect coming from waves. I think this could look really yummy and less boring, and it would help with orientation too.

11 hours ago, JoeJ said:

Oh, i meant brighter shadows, not darker, so the background has less contrast. Allthough your shadows are ok as they are - just personal taste really.

But it would be very nice if the water would be more transparent and the under see terrain would shine through where it is not extremely deep. (similar to the cyan gradient around isles  you already have.) Maybe some kind of green / cyan / blue noise with a bit of red for corall reefs, and a cool refraction effect coming from waves. I think this could look really yummy and less boring, and it would help with orientation too.

Still looking through doing this, need an artist to complete it.  I do have visions of doing this though. :)

Insane Software Facebook

Version 0.72 is up.   Visit the facebook page for the download link as usual!

Insane Software Facebook

I haven't posted an update in a while, so here goes

Insane Software Facebook

Version 0.81 is up, lots of changes, mostly to do with camera controls, sound effects, bits of additional content and lots of fixes to enhance the gameplay.

Working also on new maps, new region underway.

Must to do, if you want to have a play, drop on over to the facebook page.  

25358398_916098515237476_508806052703971

Insane Software Facebook

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement