🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My first HTML5 Game

Started by
3 comments, last by gdjm 7 years, 1 month ago

Hi, my name is Joris i am 15 years old and i started coding html5 games about 2 weeks ago and i finally finished my first game. I would love to get some feedback and tips on how i can improve it. you can play it at: jorisgame.bitballoon.com , Thanks for your time.

[attachment=36246:Screen.PNG]

Advertisement

Congrats on your first game! It's not too bad for your first project, especially from a teenager.

Some ideas to improve it:

The character doesn't immediately look like it moves, so it took me a while to figure out what to do. I thought it was a house or something initially. Redesign the character to look like it can move around.

Maybe a jump feature? So if the player is in a tight spot, he can jump over an arrow.

Vary the arrows. Stagger their deployment, randomize their speed, maybe even make them different sizes.

Congrats on your first game! It's not too bad for your first project, especially from a teenager.

Some ideas to improve it:

The character doesn't immediately look like it moves, so it took me a while to figure out what to do. I thought it was a house or something initially. Redesign the character to look like it can move around.

Maybe a jump feature? So if the player is in a tight spot, he can jump over an arrow.

Vary the arrows. Stagger their deployment, randomize their speed, maybe even make them different sizes.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

You're right i should probably work on the graphics and i will definitely add different types of arrows.

Space Invaders ! It's the first arcade title I thought of after avoiding my first arrow. Don't hesitate to check it out to get inspired. Some ideas :

• Add a way to defend yourself like a shield bonus
  • Make it feels like a level was passed after a while then increase the difficulty
  • Support other keyboards than QWERTY. For instance in France we used AZERTY. To move left I press A instead of Q. But it's a minor issue as arrows can be used !

Congrats and good luck with your improvements.

Note : Is it me or is the attachment broken ? The PNG isn't displayed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement