🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Kingscape, an indie game with odd characters

Started by
2 comments, last by HugoLOI 7 years, 1 month ago

Hello everyone,

For those of you who are into puzzles, pixel arts and family stories, here is a game we started with my little brother:

Kingscape sets up a lonely character, the king's son, who invents off the wall adventures with numerous imaginary foes including but not limited to: cartoonish mad ducks, perverted zombies, bloodthirsty sales reps, explosive pigs. Your job is to defeat them all.

We're looking for positive criticism, feedback, toughts and support from people who enjoy the game pitch. Feel free to tell us what it evokes for you!

Cheers,
Hugo Loi

photo de couverture.png

Advertisement

What a funny odd universe ! I wonder how you defend yourself. You solve puzzles ? Your explanation is a bit confusing and from the screenshot it seems some enemies fire. Can we play the 3 characters from the left ? At least I've identified the prince. By the way I like the retro colorful graphics. Any planned features ? Please keep us posted and congrats to the bros !

Hi gdjm, thanks a lot for this positive feedback!

Yes, the gameplay is puzzle-based, mixed in with a set of items that you can unlock and built decks around. With or without items, the goal is to clean each map out of ennemies before going forward. Only the prince is meant to be playable for the moment, the two other characters on the left will be conspirators out from the child's imagination!

Actually you can already see and play a demo, no-item version of the game:

http://gamejolt.com/games/kingscape/265950

And here is a gameplay video from Almondschoice:

Best,

Hugo Loi

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement