🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Poser

Started by
1 comment, last by SiCrane 24 years, 5 months ago
Does anyone have any input on how useful poser is by itself? If not useful, which packages best go with it? I''m assuming only within the Metacreations family. We''re currently pricing between poser itself, 3d studio, or the gargantuan package that I can''t remember the name of off the top of my head. Primarily we''re interested in sprite creation.
Advertisement
I use poser in conjuction with Lightwave3D. It is a very good tool for generating human models. I will create a model with the characteristics I want in poser and then export the geometry to Lightwave for touch up, poly reduction, animation, and final rendering.
If you just want to use poser to create 2d animations than I suppose it''s good. It''s definately not good for real time 3d though.
Joseph FernaldSoftware EngineerRed Storm Entertainment.------------------------The opinions expressed are that of the person postingand not that of Red Storm Entertainment.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement