🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking for feedback on a concept

Started by
7 comments, last by jbadams 6 years, 11 months ago

Hello, I am Michael and I have a concept for a game.

I would like to think it is a unique but simple idea, therefore I would like to hear some feeback off of someone else to see if they think it could work both in terms of being a success and being possible for as a future first project.

I would also like to specify that I am not looking for any partners in designing the concept and will not be pursuing the idea until I have the time, resources and ability.

Thank you for reading this and I hope to hear your feedback.

If you would like to give feedback, please do using private messages. Use replies only to discuss my post itself and not the concept that I am speaking of.

Advertisement
5 minutes ago, MichaelKeay said:

Hello, I am Michael and I have a concept for a game.

I would like to think it is a unique but simple idea, therefore I would like to hear some feeback off of someone else to see if they think it could work both in terms of being a success and being possible for as a future first project.

I would also like to specify that I am not looking for any partners in designing the concept and will not be pursuing the idea until I have the time, resources and ability.

Thank you for reading this and I hope to hear your feedback.

If you would like to give feedback, please do using private messages. Use replies only to discuss my post itself and not the concept that I am speaking of.

Wait, you only said you have an idea but nowhere explained what your idea is...

What kind of trolling is this?!

2 minutes ago, MarcusAseth said:

Wait, you only said you have an idea but nowhere explained what your idea is...

What kind of trolling is this?!

I was hoping to discuss it in a chat instead of trying to explain it through the post.

5 minutes ago, MichaelKeay said:

I was hoping to discuss it in a chat instead of trying to explain it through the post.

Ok, but then the logic fall apart. I mean, if discussing it in private is a measure to protect your idea and prevent it from being stolen, then what would change with the private discussion? Couldn't be the first 10 person that contact you all 10 "ideas thieves" that just want to steal your idea?

If so, you may as well just discuss it here with all of us :D

In fact, this topic in future could prove that the idea was indeed yours!

1 minute ago, MarcusAseth said:

Ok, but then the logic fall apart. I mean, if discussing it in private is a measure to protect your idea and prevent it from being stolen, then what would change with the private discussion? Couldn't be the first 10 person that contact you all 10 "ideas thieves" that just want to steal your idea?

If so, you may as well discuss it here with all of us directly :D

Sorry if I was unclear but that wasn't my problem. I thought it would be easier to explain it in a chat instead of in a post since it is a very new idea, therefore I don't have a solid description.

1 minute ago, MichaelKeay said:

Sorry if I was unclear but that wasn't my problem. I thought it would be easier to explain it in a chat instead of in a post since it is a very new idea, therefore I don't have a solid description.

lol I would say to don't worry about stuff like that, is the begginner section and solid descriptions are not a requirement :D

But is your choice :P

Just now, MarcusAseth said:

lol I would say to don't worry about stuff like that, is the begginner section and solid descriptions are not a requirement :D

But is your choice :P

Thank you for the confidence, but my idea is pretty rough. Either way I think this conversation is going to turn into a loop, so if you want to discuss the concept feel free to message me about it.

If you wish to discuss something in a chat, try our Discord chat. The forums are a place for open conversation, not to try to solicit a private chat.

Personally, I would suggest that if you are unable to describe your idea properly when you have the time to think and compose a forum post you will have a lot of time wasted in any private chat anyway trying to communicate it.

Good luck! :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement