🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Why Wont Multiplayer Baldurs Gate work?

Started by
1 comment, last by Drizzt DoUrden 22 years, 7 months ago
(I think this would be the best place to post this because more than likely, you guys will know.) It is a mystery. I cannot count the hours I have spent trying to get Baldurs Gate to run in multiplayer. I have an SMC 10/100 network card from a cable modem. I use an SMC Barricade to switch through 3 different computers in my house. Everytime I go to connect for Baldurs Gate, my computer freezes and I have to restart. I know the question is pretty stupid, but all I know about networking is how to wire my house and connect to computers through the router. Other than that, you might as well be talking to a doorknob or wall about networking. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. EDIT: Please. I know this may sound stupid and cause some people to post "LOL" "DUMBSHIT" "SHITHEAD" "ROTFL" and the like, but here is onemore thing: Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that i am behind a firewall? If so, how do I turn OFF the firewall? ------------------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you..."~Friedrich Nietzsche "So quiet, another wasted night, the television steals the conversation. Exhale, another wasted breathe, again it goes unnoticed...." ~ Dashboard Confessional Edited by - Drizzt DoUrden on November 30, 2001 9:33:24 PM
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Advertisement
If the Baricade is anything like the Netgear RT311 you may need to adjust some settings in the hardware to forward certain port requests to certain IPs. For instance I have port 80 pointed at 192.168.0.20 which is my computer running the web-server.

Are you trying to run as a server or a client? Have you tried other games like Quake 3 or the Wolfenstein MP test?

Ben
I have used the MMORPG "Dark Ages" before, but I haven''t used any other multiplayer games.

My computer isn''t a server, if that is what you mean. The computer I am using is not directly connected to the cable modem. The computer downstairs has the router and modem, and it links to the two upstairs (im on one of the upstairs ones). Obviosly, I can connect to the internet so I would assume there is nothing wrong.

THe only thing I could think of is that I am behind a firewall.

------------------------------

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you..."~Friedrich Nietzsche

"So quiet, another wasted night, the television steals the conversation. Exhale, another wasted breathe, again it goes unnoticed...." ~ Dashboard Confessional
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement