🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Why won't this thing let me upload a photo to my profile?

Started by
4 comments, last by jkuehlin 6 years, 9 months ago

I'm going to ask this question here amongst fellow audio guys, because I don't see a better place anywhere else to ask it.

Why is the 'done' tab greyed out after I upload the photo?

59b4c4c16ca09_ScreenShot2017-09-10at12_48_35AM.thumb.png.eb5cdb37245dd0456bdfac60fbc66c13.png

Pfft. Omg. Didn't see the save button. Sorry guys.

Never mind....I got it.

This is my placeholder signature
Advertisement

That means the file uploaded. If the file isn't saving it should say why. Most usual is a file that's too big (max 170pxx170px and < 500kb size).

Also, best place for this is under the Community -> GDNet Comments, Suggestions, and Ideas forum which also serves as a public support forum.

Admin for GameDev.net.

2 minutes ago, khawk said:

That means the file uploaded. If the file isn't saving it should say why. Most usual is a file that's too big (max 170pxx170px and < 500kb size).

Also, best place for this is under the Community -> GDNet Comments, Suggestions, and Ideas forum which also serves as a public support forum.

Thanks Khawk.

Can you tell me if it's possible to upload a graphic here?

59b4c6ab8010d_ScreenShot2017-09-10at12_56_41AM.thumb.png.36677f93eb8b6510a43309c9214bfb3f.png

On some forums you can. If there's a way to do this, I don't see the button.

1 minute ago, jkuehlin said:

Thanks Khawk.

Can you tell me if it's possible to upload a graphic here?

59b4c6ab8010d_ScreenShot2017-09-10at12_56_41AM.thumb.png.36677f93eb8b6510a43309c9214bfb3f.png

On some forums you can. If there's a way to do this, I don't see the button.

No problem.

Right now that's a GDNet+ only feature, but it's one of the settings we've thought about opening up - you'd see an edit button if you were able to. GDNet+ is a paid membership tier that we offer for those who want to support the site: link.

Admin for GameDev.net.

There we go. @khawk, you may want to consider making the payment system a little clearer. Its really no big deal because its only the difference of a few dollars, but you would intuitively assume the three tiers of discounts (monthly, 3 months, yearly) would apply themselves as a one time payment opposed to prorated monthly installments so to speak. The next thing I wondered was about which no info was given was upgrading across the different plans. Then after that, cancellation options weren't obvious until the very last screen when it shows when each monthly payment is due. Again, I don't think its that big of a deal, because the difference in costs from one plan to the other is really small. But I did upgrade...all good there. Just offering some thoughts if it might by chance help you guys in the future. Thanks a ton for what you guys do!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement