🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

sdk samples/asbuild

Started by
4 comments, last by WitchLord 6 years, 8 months ago

When reading in the config.txt file, the application throws an abort exception on line 49

objbeh "array<T>" 14 "void _beh_14_()"

I'm using MS Visual Studio 2015 (Community), and the msvc2015 project.

Would someone please explain what is going on, or what else I should be doing?

Thanks

Advertisement

Which version of AngelScript are you using? Is it the latest WIP version from the svn? It's been a while since I've tested the samples in that version (I usually only do that before release).

I'll give it a try as soon as I can and let you know if I can reproduce the problem.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I retrieved AngelScript from http://www.angelcode.com/angelscript/downloads.html

Current version: AngelScript 2.31.2 (December 18th, 2016)

Hmm. It surprises me that this error is there in the official release. I use the same version of MSVC as you, and I always test all the samples before releasing an official version. 

Anyway, thanks for confirming which version you're using. I'll investigate what could be causing the problem.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I must apologize. Though it is not a bug in the code, the sample config.txt in the official release is outdated and no longer compatible with the latest version of the engine. That is the reason for the error you identified. I have now updated it in the latest SVN revision.

The intention with asbuild is that you would generate your own config.txt based on the configuration you use in your own application. To generate your own config.txt you can use the WriteConfigToFile helper function from the add-ons.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement