🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Where to purchase multitrack music loops?

Started by
3 comments, last by LonelyStep 6 years, 6 months ago

In my research I've been able to find plenty of sites that provide royalty-free music available for purchase. But most of these tend to provide a single audio file with every instrument track already blended and mixed together. I'm more interested in the dynamic music route, and would want to download a bundle of audio files (one for bass, one for kick, etc) and in my game I can just bring them in and out based off of what's going on. When things are quiet just have the bass line repeating and when things get chaotic the full piece is going. Obviously each track would need to be on the same beat and designed to work well with each other part. Is there any place that such multitrack loops could purchased? Thanks.

Advertisement

I don't know of any royalty-free sites that provide individual audio stems. For what it's worth, that's why "video game composer" is a job. You probably won't have a hard time finding a composer on a site like this one. We're a dime-a-dozen, and plenty of people will do it for free.

It sounds like you are trying to create something similar to what the .hack games had.

Back in the day I bought that game. And when I first heard the drums and the bass fade in with the lonely harmony and melody without an annoying cut, it was amazing! I myself always wanted to hear more games take advantage of this style of music immersion. Instead of the flat sound track the FF series made so common place.

This style of music to be placed into a game is rather hard to do. If you already have a music engine that can do this then all you need is a composer. Honestly you will be able to get exactly the sound you want, and have it custom made. I did some work in the past similar to this, but you will not find what you seem to be looking for in small bits. Such as purchasing a single bass line for a dollar... then a drum loop for a dollar. No. Usually in the world of producers they sell packs. Which means you will have like 70-1,000 "samples." These samples all vary in a range of time signatures. The audio sample lengths are all different. But this is not what you want to do, especially if you have never created a musical work before in a DAW.

You need a composer, or need to learn how to compose music yourself in a DAW. trust me it will make the implementation of the music a lot easier to work with.

Newbie.

Thank you both. Each of your explanations were very helpful, and make sense of the patterns I've seen in music packages.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement