🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Game Character

Started by
10 comments, last by flodihn 6 years, 5 months ago

Critique_Image.png.99867a8cac9611309e4c08173a51d58b.png

I created this model in Maya and have been practicing on the side while studying for school. This may not be the best picture to show faces or line flow and the resolution does not help things either. Still, I would love some opinions on where I can improve on my 3D modeling. Also, this is just a skin model and I spent no time texturing the model or accounting for clothing. Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Advertisement

how did you make the model. polygon, patch, nurbs. Im assuming you box modeled. with polygons . polygon modeling produces a flat model. try modeling using something other than polygon. there is nothing wrong with it. other than it has no style. plain and not unique. how you make it plays a large role in the style of the model. do not bother adding toes to feet. if the character will have shoes on

model looks good, but i noticed straight back, lover back should be more in , like humans have

Great, Thank you for the feedback. I am not 100% sure what box modeling is. I created the model by working with vertices to produce the most anatomically accurate model that I could. For the head, I used area weights with a move tool to grab target areas. Again, thank you for the feedback and noticing that I should sink the back in further.

16 hours ago, Nikola Tesla said:

Great, Thank you for the feedback. I am not 100% sure what box modeling is. I created the model by working with vertices to produce the most anatomically accurate model that I could. For the head, I used area weights with a move tool to grab target areas. Again, thank you for the feedback and noticing that I should sink the back in further.

At this point there is nothing to sink (WITH BUTT LIKE THAT :D), Try remodel uper back

You should post front side and back orthographically. At first glance Something in the torso proportion seems off. 

Use proportion guides such as this:

how_i_draw_basic_woman_figure_by_pandabaka-d5z2rsm.jpg

here is a quick box patch body. regardless of what you move vertex, edge,  patch. its always loose thats why you get better results.

this is in flash

http://bleed.6te.net/patchbody.html

On 2017-11-27 at 1:21 AM, WolfWin said:

You should post front side and back orthographically. At first glance Something in the torso proportion seems off. 

Try to give him some scetches on side view, I think there is the problem

On 11/26/2017 at 6:21 PM, WolfWin said:

Thank you very much for this. Also thank everyone for their feedback and focused problem points.

16 hours ago, Nikola Tesla said:

Thank you very much for this. Also thank everyone for their feedback and focused problem points.

No probs mate, hope it helps you.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement